Several members of FQG have been inspired to work on scrap quilts and
have expressed an interest in fabric exchanges and in the future possibly
blocks will be exchanged as well.
I have prepared the following guidelines
and will assist, however I do welcome others to step forward and be the swap
masters and offer any swap ideas.
This bee is open to all members.
So here we go, these are the guidelines:
1. All fabrics must be quality 100% cotton.
2. Follow fabric and size guidelines for each swap. There may be fabric
variations for each swap.
3. Participants will receive the same number of fabrics or blocks that they
bring to the swap.
4. Selvedges should be removed and not included in the fabric measurements
5. Seam allowances should be 1/4" and threads should be trimmed if blocks
6. Trades may be brought to the general meeting or provided to the swap
master by the due date.
7. Trades will be returned to the participants as soon as possible. This will
depend on the volume and the number of participants.
Smaller swaps can be
completed at the general meeting of FQG, other swaps may be additional
time and to swap and then return to the participants.